Club Recreational Boats
The Boathouse owns a variety of rowing shells and encourages all members to learn to scull and become profiecient in the proper use of a 1x. Some examples are listed below.
Maas Aero (3) - Max weight 210 lbs.
Wintech single (1) - Max weight 225 lbs
Maas 24 (3) - Max weight 220 lbs
Note that the 24A is rigged for our lighter rowers, 24B for the heaviest, and the 24C is between the two.
Maas Flyweights (2) - Max weight 140 lbs
Maas Singles (2) - Max weight 210 lbs
Wintech (1) - Max weight 480 lbs
Maas double (1) - Max weight 480 lbs
All members start off certified to row Level 1 boats. For safety and confidence reasons, you should be able to do the following to know that you have mastered your current level, before moving up to the next level boat.
- Row a minimum of 40 miles in your current level boat.
- Unassisted in deep water, flip, right, bail and row away in your current level boat.
- Row full slide with the blades square and off the water on the recovery (no feather) for twenty strokes.
- Row backward 100 meters, fixed seat and full slide.
- Smoothly execute a 360 degree river turn—fixed seat, boat stationary, backing and filling, reversing opposite blades on pull and push.
Repeat the above to move up another level.
When you are ready to move up a level, contact the President, the Boathouse Captain, or the Membership Coordinator. They will check your hours in the logbook and will observe the balance of your requirements.